General Asset Information
Nationally Available Asset Information:
- 550 single-engine piston aircraft, consisting of Cessna C-172, C-182, and C-206 models, as well 16 Gippsland GA-8 eight-seat aircraft, strategically placed throughout the nation.
- Over 900 7, 11, & 12 passenger vans, 4X4s, and long-bed pickups.
- Dedicated communications vehicles with limited all-band capability and public service band interoperability. *
- A nationwide radio communications system comprised of over 9,600 CAP-owned base, mobile, and portable two-way radios.
- National & regional HF radio networks providing survivable, infrastructure-independent command and control communications (not dependent on satellite/cellular telephone systems).
- Over 500 VHF-FM radio repeater stations located strategically throughout the country.
- 133 transportable VHF-FM suitcase radio repeaters. Units operate on CAP radio frequencies and can be used either on the ground or from aircraft to support remote operations. *
- 100+ aircraft equipped with satellite phones and modems used to transmit aerial and ground-based geo-tagged still-frame digital pictures in near real-time.
- 1,600 airborne, mobile, and hand-held DF units.
Long Island Asset Information:
3+ Cessna 172 and 182 Aircraft, equipped with the standard complement for Search and Rescue and Disaster Relief equipment.
Direction Finding (DF) Equipment for locating, tracking EPIRB or ELT signals.
Local units on-call 24/7 to provide ground assistance within an hour of activation.
Mobile Command Post.
2 eight (8 ) seat vans equipped with mobile DF equipment and Ground/Air radio equipment.
NOTE: Equipment required elsewhere in the tri-state area may be requested with extended reaction time with that equipment.
Common Asset Requests:
Search and Rescue
Want to know a detailed assessment of what the Civil Air Patrol can do? Use the CAPabilities Handbook at https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/Capabilities_Handbook_HighRes_046ADDF6591BC.pdf .